Re: pppd, pptpd and radius DNS assigns

Edwardo Garcia wrote:
On 9/8/15, James Carlson <carlsonj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 9/7/2015 2:46 AM, Edwardo Garcia wrote:
Nobody?
I delayed responding because I'm not using freeradius.  I don't know who
might be.  If there's a support list for that software, you might have
better luck over there.  If not, you might be on your own.

I try strace but it not too helpful, maybe  I miss an option to make
pppd do this?
strace doesn't sound like the right sort of tool for this problem.
Instead, have you tried the pppd "debug" option?

strace using  -ff  show far more information than ppp debug which we also try.

Looking at the RADIUS source (and knowing nothing about it), it looks
like it needs to be compiled with "MSDNS" defined and that you need
RADIUS attributes 28 and 29 set.  Have you done that?

Yes, this is default and is not freeradius problem as freeradius send
the information in accept packet, just pppd ignore it, my colleuge has
email someone at roaring penguin about it, but will not be available
until next couple hours so do not know if he has receive answer or not

did you read/follow
 http://wiki.freeradius.org/guide/PopTop-HOWTO

? the radius server *must* respond with the Microsoft vendor id (311) set, otherwise the plugin will not pick up the supplied DNS values.

JJK