Re: PPP connection stuck at bad configuration-ack

On 23 May 2012 01:11, James Cameron <quozl@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 12:55:12AM +0200, Kristian Evensen wrote:
>> On 23. mai 2012, at 00:47, James Cameron <quozl@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> > I've seen this symptom also in the time between power up of the modem
>> > and successful network attachment.
>> >
>> > What fixed it for me was to add to the chatscript:
>> >
>> > # cease if modem is not attached to network yet
>> > ABORT '+CGATT: 0'
>> > '' AT+CGATT?

Thanks, I will add this to my chatscript. Since it doesnt make sense
to try to connect without network attachment, then it wont hurt to
have it there anyway.

> That will be interesting to try.  Line 150 or so of your paste shows
> that the peer and the host are in agreement over ms-wins values
> (10.11.12.{13,14}), then suddenly the peer changes it's mind at line
> 196 and proposes 127.0.0.1.  Presumably the change is due to the modem
> reaching the back end servers.

This seems to have been the case. After the ISP update their config, I
am not able to recreate the behavior. Now, the peer does not report
any ms-wins.

> p.s. my name looks like James Carlson, but I'm James Cameron.  I've
> started to think I should mention that when I join in on a thread
> involving James.  ;-)

Hehehe, sorry about that.

-Kristian