Re: PPP connection stuck at bad configuration-ack

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 12:55:12AM +0200, Kristian Evensen wrote:
> On 23. mai 2012, at 00:47, James Cameron <quozl@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I've seen this symptom also in the time between power up of the modem
> > and successful network attachment.
> >
> > What fixed it for me was to add to the chatscript:
> >
> > # cease if modem is not attached to network yet
> > ABORT '+CGATT: 0'
> > '' AT+CGATT?
> >

> Thanks, I will try that tomorrow. I just spoke to somebody at the
> Isp as well, and their theory is that the ppp client is confused by
> the 127.0.0.1 ms-wins. They will update their ggsn config tomorrow
> so we can check if that is the case.

That will be interesting to try.  Line 150 or so of your paste shows
that the peer and the host are in agreement over ms-wins values
(10.11.12.{13,14}), then suddenly the peer changes it's mind at line
196 and proposes 127.0.0.1.  Presumably the change is due to the modem
reaching the back end servers.

The lies beforehand occur for me with a modem in a faraday cage, with
a latency consistent with being locally generated by the CPU in the
device.

> Thanks again for the help!

p.s. my name looks like James Carlson, but I'm James Cameron.  I've
started to think I should mention that when I join in on a thread
involving James.  ;-)

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/