Re: ppp / open vpn

>> inet addr:10.1.0.6 P-t-P:10.1.0.6 Mask:255.0.0.0

>That doesn't look happy. Why would both the local and remote address be
>equal? (I wouldn't expect a functioning system to allow a configuration
>like that.)

I thought the same thing, but that is how openvpnas sets up the routes.
As for changing the software so it does not kill all the tunnels, I agree
completely (as I agree they should use two different config files for
routing traffic, one to route everything through VPN and one to route
everything through ethernet) but I have no control over that.  I can't
change the software.