Re: PPP comression and extension info required...

arun b wrote:
> Ok ,
> let me explore on the server side ....!
>
> Could you please guide me thru ppp-extension support ....!

Only if you can be more specific in what sort of guidance you need, and
if you've already read through the existing documentation and still have
questions.  Otherwise, and no offense really intended, it's likely not
to be a useful way for either of us to spend time.

What "ppp-extension" are you talking about?  Are you talking about the
configuration options?  The various basic PPP control features?  The
system-specific kernel modules and features?  The possible add-on
features?  Or something else?

As with other questions, and as I mentioned before, if you have a
question about the documentation or about some error or debug message
you're seeing, __please__ include a copy of that source material with
your question.  Providing more context would help.

Based on the messages you've posted to the list so far, and my
experience in the area, I suspect you need a different kind of
assistance than I think you'll find available for free on mailing lists.
 I strongly recommend (as I did in a previous message) searching out
organizations and products that can simplify your job.  Surely, your
time is worth something to you, and spending it on a reinvention of
someone else's wheel can't be a good thing.

The UNH IOL has both interoperability and conformance tests available
for vendors at a very reasonable rate.  I highly recommend them, and I
know some of the folks there if you need pointers.  In addition to the
IOL, there are also commercial devices available that will do validation
tests, such as IxANVL.  They're by no means "simple" to operate and
interpret, but they're much simpler and more effective than attempting
to roll your own tests.

--
James Carlson         42.703N 71.076W         <carlsonj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>