syncppp

Hi List,

i'm trying to understand how ppp transports frames in the "sync" mode. I
want to do the following scenario:

pppd sync notty

I've hacked pppd  to use a simple framing method for stdin/stdout, to
guarantee the transport of complete ppp frames. But unfortunately i
found out, that in the tty.c i get mixed up frames from the
master_pty_f, like i read a buffer and in the buffer i get :

[ppp frame 1][part of ppp frame 2]

the next buffer contains then:

[rest of ppp frame 2]

so that is what i transmit to my sync device, but the other side rejects
the second frame because it seems not valid.

I don't really understand yet where pppd reads the frames from the
kernel device, maybe somebody could give me a pointer.

I just want to check if the frames come like that from the kernel or if
it happens because the slave side pty-buffer gets full befor we can read
it on the master side, so the framing is messed up.

Thanks for any help!

Christian

-