Re: Re:

On Fri, 2006-06-02 at 13:20 -0300, Marcos Dione wrote:
> Quoting James Carlson <carlsonj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> > You should gather logs with debug enabled and post the _entire_ log
> > here.
>
>   coming soon.
>
> > That sounds like an ID collision.  I guess I can't say it for certain
> > without seeing the packet traces, but it seems likely.
>
>   how can I gather packet traces? tcpdump, or enabling debug is enought?

Ideally, both.   Run  tcpdump dump as:

tcpdump -n -e -i eth????  ether proto 0x8863 or ether proto 0x8864

> >>   I'm starting to think that those are configure-acks `routed´ to the wrong
> >> pppd, because if I bring up one line at a time, all establish the connection
> >> succesfully. I just wanted to make sure I was reaching to the correct
> >> conclusion.
> >
> > Yes, it sounds like that.  If so, then it's a problem in the PPPoE
> > implementation (likely in the kernel) and not in pppd.
>
>   you mean, a buggy one?

The Linux kernel component identifies PPPoE sessions using (SID,MAC
ADDR) pairs.  Thus, it should handle this case correctly.
(See /proc/net/pppoe for a current listing of active sessions.)

--
Michal Ostrowski <mostrows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

-