Re:

Quoting James Carlson <carlsonj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
I'll assume you're using PPPoE.

 yes, sorry, I forgot to mention that.

You can tell if this is the problem by getting packet traces on the
Ethernet.  Specifically, you'll see PPPoE PADS (session confirmation)
messages with the same SESSION_ID number but with different source
Ethernet addresses.  If that happens, and if the client isn't clever,
you can get some serious trouble.

(The implementation I did for Solaris handles this case, but I don't
know about other implementations.)

 implementation of pppoe?

You should gather logs with debug enabled and post the _entire_ log
here.

 coming soon.

That sounds like an ID collision.  I guess I can't say it for certain
without seeing the packet traces, but it seems likely.

 how can I gather packet traces? tcpdump, or enabling debug is enought?

  I'm starting to think that those are configure-acks `routed´ to the wrong
pppd, because if I bring up one line at a time, all establish the connection
succesfully. I just wanted to make sure I was reaching to the correct
conclusion.

Yes, it sounds like that.  If so, then it's a problem in the PPPoE
implementation (likely in the kernel) and not in pppd.

 you mean, a buggy one?

Having more than zero ADSL lines sounds like a bad idea to me.  ;-}

 uh, I didn't get the joke :-|

--
Marcos Dione
Departamento de Cómputos