Re: linux-next: Tree for Jan 25 (BROKEN suspend)

On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 2:25 PM, Rafael J. Wysocki <rjw@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Saturday, January 26, 2013 12:10:32 PM Sedat Dilek wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 6:26 AM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > Changes since 20130124:
>> >
>> > New trees: ipsec and ipsec-next
>> >
>> > The powerpc tree still had a build failure.
>> >
>> > The sound-asoc tree still had its build failure so I used the version from
>> > next-20130122.
>> >
>> > The akpm tree lost its build failure and several patches that turned up
>> > elsewhere.
>> >
>> > ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> >

>> Unfortunately, on suspend or running the pm_test/freezer leads here to
>> a frozen machine - hard reset.
>>
>> I see 4-5 pages of call-traces but dunno how to log them in such a f-u-ed state.
>> Any hints welcome!
>>
>> As I saw catched with my left eye on one call-trace sth. with...
>>
>>       kernel/watchdog.c (line #245, watchdog_overflow_callback)
>>
>> ... I tried to revert the last two commits from Sascha (see -3 patch,
>> but no success.
>>
>> The same with reverting all cpu-freq changes since v3.8-rc4 (see -4
>> patch) after seeing some suspicious lines on the screen.
>>
>> Can someone confirm that suspend is BROKEN for him/her before doing
>> eventually a bisect?
>
> Can you please test the linux-next branch of the linux-pm.git tree alone?

That sounds like a good idea as I just reverted "cpu-hotplug,
memory-hotplug: try offlining the node when hotremoving a cpu" [1]
from akpm tree.
Building... 1st with revert than trying pm-next only.

- Sedat -

[1] http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git;a=commitdiff;h=154cb61f36690edef68beb5fd9dc0a5027f9dbd9