RFC: Implementing power management in Linux-based consumer products

Hello all,

I am searching for information about implementing power management in Linux-based consumer products.  I've found the Documentation/power folder and lesswatts.org, and want to ask what additional resources are available to understand the issues facing a new team beginning PM on Linux.  What forums are best for discussing w/developers involved with Linux PM integration for products?  Thanks.

I'd like to understand what consumer products are known to use Linux PM and what certifications have been granted to products using Linux PM (e.g. EnergyStar, BAM, ErP).  Also, it is not clear what level of support can be expected from SoC vendors.  Is it common for SoC vendors to provide code which integrates SoC PM features with the Linux PM, or does the bulk of this work fall on the product team using raw SoC documentation?  Any tips to minimize our effort in this area would be greatly appreciated.

I hope this is an appropriate forum for these questions.  Thanks for your help.

Best,
Shaun