Re: Attempted summary of suspend-blockers LKML thread

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 5:26 AM, Raj Kumar <rajkumar278@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Arve and Alan,
>
> I have some questions regarding the Android early suspend and ACPI that are
> as follows:
>
> 1) If i see the early suspend features which is for android, it is if the
> user presses power off
> the button and on button for late resumes. The question is if there is
> mobile platform,
> then when user presses power off button, will the early suspend handlers
> will be called
> at that time?
> what usecase android early suspend handles?

Early suspend is called on android when user-space turns the screen
off. It provides a central switch for user-space to turn off devices
that are not needed when the screen is off. The goal is to use
runtime-pm for this instead so the drivers don't have to be android
specific.

--
Arve Hjønnevåg