Re: Attempted summary of suspend-blockers LKML thread

Hi Arve and Alan,

I have some questions regarding the Android early suspend and ACPI that are as follows:

1) If i see the early suspend features which is for android, it is if the user presses power off
the button and on button for late resumes. The question is if there is mobile platform,
then when user presses power off button, will the early suspend handlers will be called
at that time?
what usecase android early suspend handles?

2) Regarding ACPI which is more bios centric, will the drivers need to implement suspend/resume
as for normal OS use case scenarios?

Regards
Raj