Re: About run time power management in linux

Hi Alan,

I have seen in run time power management helper functions. I have some questions during deep sleep modes
and runtime sleep modes.

1) I have seen the code and found that when System wants to go to suspend (deep sleep mode), it has to check for
pm_runtime_barrier which inturn sees if there is a pending runtime resume then it will not allow system to supend.
So it means system suspend can not be done forcefully if the some peripheral jobs are running, correct?

2) it means when System deep sleep is going on, run time suspend will never come to peripheral as it checks for usage counter and
if it is zero then it will ask try again.

3) if run time suspend is going on,  Then if system wants to go into deep sleep mode, it will wait for run time suspend to finish and then
gracefully do the shutdown. correct?

4) Is it mandatory for peripheral driver but not the bus driver to implement runtime_idle operation?

RegardsRaj