Re: [android-porting] wakeup wakelock issues

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 8:54 PM, Aneesh Bhasin <contact.aneesh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Sriram
>
> <reposting - forgot to add linux-pm to senders' list>
>
> On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 10:07 PM, Sriram V <vshrirama@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>   I am trying to test pm on a custom board with android.
>
> What android version are you usnig ?
>

>>   Whats happening:
>>    1) Android is putting the system to sleep - calling system wide suspend
>>    2) During suspend, kernel resume immediately - I get "wakeup wake lock:
>> omap-8250-serial". and again puts it back to suspend.
>>    3) This keeps happening, There is no serial activity except for printing
>> the messages (transmission from the board) - No serial inputs from the host
>> pc.
>>    4) Is there any way to disable this?
>>

> We encountered a similar problem while booting android on one of our
> board. One way is to acquire a partial wake lock (or just a wakelock
> in the newer versions of android)  as soon as you boot up the board.
> In older android version, the way was :
> echo wakelock1 > /sys/android_power/acquire_partial_wake_lock
> or on newer versions :
> echo wakelock1 > /sys/power/wake_lock
> Please check the path as I do not have access to the board right now.
>
> Acquiring the wake lock will prevent your system from going into
> sleep. However, this is a temporary solution as you still need to
> figure out why is your device not able to go to sleep.
>
> Hope that helps...

Not sure if you solved your problems, but as most people have
mentioned you should be releasing that wakelock.
Also you should look at your clock management. You are probably
keeping a fclk on in a driver somewhere, where you should disable it
in the suspend hook, or even better when idle.

If you have debugfs and pm_debug you can cat this file:
debugfs/pm_debug/registers/1

this is a snapshot of the last time the device tried to enter suspend,
you can cross reference the powerdomains with the omap TRM to find out
which clocks you're leaking

-- Mike