Re: [android-porting] wakeup wakelock issues

Hi Sriram

<reposting - forgot to add linux-pm to senders' list>

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 10:07 PM, Sriram V <vshrirama@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>   I am trying to test pm on a custom board with android.

What android version are you usnig ?

>   Whats happening:
>    1) Android is putting the system to sleep - calling system wide suspend
>    2) During suspend, kernel resume immediately - I get "wakeup wake lock:
> omap-8250-serial". and again puts it back to suspend.
>    3) This keeps happening, There is no serial activity except for printing
> the messages (transmission from the board) - No serial inputs from the host
> pc.
>    4) Is there any way to disable this?

We encountered a similar problem while booting android on one of our
board. One way is to acquire a partial wake lock (or just a wakelock
in the newer versions of android)  as soon as you boot up the board.
In older android version, the way was :
echo wakelock1 > /sys/android_power/acquire_partial_wake_lock
or on newer versions :
echo wakelock1 > /sys/power/wake_lock
Please check the path as I do not have access to the board right now.

Acquiring the wake lock will prevent your system from going into
sleep. However, this is a temporary solution as you still need to
figure out why is your device not able to go to sleep.

Hope that helps...

Regards,
Aneesh