Re: [QUESTION] How to reset TCP connections when resuming system from disk/ram

Maxim Levitsky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks to your effort, the suspend to ram/disk works flawlessly on my
> desktop system.
>
> But I still have rather small, but annoying problem, that system doesn't
> understands that a long suspend cycle was done, and still waits for long closed
> TCP connections.
>
> I remember there was a patch to close all TCP connections on suspend, but it was rejected
> due to the fact that TCP sessions can live through short suspend/resume cycles.
>
> What can you suggest here?
> Is there a tool to close all TCP connections?
>
> I noticed that sockets aren't dependent on network drivers,
> so even removing network driver doesn't close them.
> ( I guess that it is possible for TCP session to migrate from one to another
> network hardware too)
>

> Another thing I want to know, is this possible to set socket timeout
> and how?
>
> (There is a settings page for that in KDE, but I don't yet know what this changes,
> a KDE specific settings or not)
>
> I want something CLI based.
>

> Btw, I recently bought an acer laptop (5720G), and there are few suspend/resume issues,
> namely:
>
> *attempt to do a second suspend to ram freezes the system hard on resume.
> for example this works:
>
> suspend to ram
> suspend to disk
> suspend to ram
> suspend to disk
>
> but this doesn't
>
> suspend to ram
> suspend to ram
>
> Best regards,
> 	Maxim Levitsky

Meanwhile I found a tcpkill utility,
but doesn't do what I want, since this tool gets a list of TCP
connections by sniffing network traffic, thus it can't detect
all connections during suspend.

Any ideas?

Best regards,
	Maxim Levitsky