Re: Ottawa Linux Power Management Summit, June 25-26, 2007

On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 12:37:06AM -0400, Len Brown wrote:
> Logistics:
>
> Monday, June 25th
> Tuesday, June 26th
>
> We have the "Garden Suite" in Les Suites Ottawa at our disposal 9AM - 6PM (thanks Intel).
> The room has 20 seats.  It also has natural light:-)
>
> Format:
>
> Hopefully small enough that we can hold single threaded round-table discussions.
>
> We'll also have a projector so folks can make some short presentations to get people
> in the room on the same page.
>
> Record:
>
> I volunteer to take notes.
> After the meetings I'll send them to the attendees for review.
> With Mark, I also volunteer to present them at the OLS PM BOF,
> and send them to linux-pm, and LWN.
>
> Attendees:
>
> I believe the 12 below will attend -- please correct me if I'm mistaken.
> I didn't include folks who said "maybe," or folks who "might drop-in."
> (order is arbitrary here, based on copy/paste from my mailbox)
> If you want a better "personal summary" for the notes than
> I conjured up here, please sent it to me and I'll get it right next time.
>
> Len Brown <len.brown@xxxxxxxxx>
> 	Linux Kernel ACPI Maintainer
> 	Willing to give a 30-min ACPI PM presentation,
> 	though if attendees are mostly focused on non-ACPI embedded,
> 	happy to skip doing so.
>
> Dave Jones <davej@xxxxxxxxxx>
> 	Fedora Maintainer, Linux Kernel Cpufreq Maintainer
> 	Len wants Dave to lead a candid discussion on
> 	the lessons learned from cpufreq.
>
> Mark Gross <mgross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> 	Intel OTC embedded Linux team

	I will be ready to talk about user mode guided power management,
	where (when needed) user mode identifies its latency,
	throughput, and perhaps a very small number of other nuggets, as
	constraints to the subsystems in the form of "hints" or requests
	such that the subsystems can can use to set optimal power
	savings without violating the requests passed down.

	--mgross