Re: Alternative Concept

Hi,

On 3/15/07, David Brownell <david-b@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > | I couldn't know.  This "alternative concept" hasn't gotten very far
> > | into the hand-waving stage, much less beyond it into proposed interface
> > | or (gasp!) implementations.  Platforms that don't *have* those particular
> > | interdependencies should not of course incur costs to implement them...
> > ---
> >
> > Well, that's fine if the platform you use is the current design
> > center.
>
> So you think that platforms which don't have such interdependencies
> should incur costs and complexity to address problems they don't have.
> Why?

Not every platform implements the clock interface. I think same can be
done with the proposed power parameter framework. The basic codes
defining the power parameter interface need not be costly and complex.

Since interdependencies significantly vary among platforms, we can
leave that to platform specific code and have something as simple as
the current clock interface for voltage and power domains.