Re: Alternative Concept

On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 12:08:51PM +0100, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > I believe this power parameter framework should solve many (if not
> > all) of the issues raised by using operating points as the base
> > abstraction and provide a common layer across architectures.  Eugeny
> > and I have the beginnings of an API proposal for this framework, but
> > we wanted to get some high level feedback on the concepts so we can
> > adjust the API if necessary.  So, comments?
>
> Looks better than powerop certainly.
>
> Perhaps first step would be to convert cpufreq to this new framework?

The first step is to get a parameter framework in upstream.

It will take some time for the applications of this proposed framework
to materialize and drive the maturing of the implementation.  These
won't get written unless a framework is upstream.

I don't know if having cpufreq plug into this framework will ever make a
lot of sense.  However; it would be simple to create a cpufreq driver
that access the parameter layer for some selected platforms.  (N800?)

--mgross