Re: SMP suspend broken due to "swsusp: Change code ordering in disk.c" et al.

Hi,

On Monday, 12 March 2007 17:57, Roman Jarosz wrote:
> Rafael J. Wysocki <rjw <at> sisk.pl> writes:

> may work.

> > > Okay, no big deal.  I think I'll be able to reproduce the problem here.

> frozen
> one.

> > > Ah, sorry.  I'll prepare a version against 2.6.21-rc1.  Apart from this, I
> > > think there's a better solution, but I have to verify that.
> >
> > No, this one is better IMO.
> >
> > Appended is the version against 2.6.21-rc1.  It seems to work for me, but I'd
> > like someone else to confirm it.
> >

> I had the same problem as Johannes and I can confirm that your patch works.

Thanks for testing, but I'm afraid it won't be merged.  Instead, we have
decided to make the XFS workqueues nonfreezable again, but the patch for
that hasn't made it to the mainline yet (it was sent to the XFS maintainers
some time ago).

> Though I'm not sure if it's caused by XFS because I don't have any XFS
> partitions, but I have XFS support compiled in kernel.

This probably is enough to trigger the problem.

> My root partition is reiserfs.
>
> Tested with suspend to ram on:
> kernel 2.6.21-rc3-git7
> Notebook ASUS A6JC, Intel Core Duo