Re: SMP suspend broken due to "swsusp: Change code ordering in disk.c" et al.

Rafael J. Wysocki <rjw <at> sisk.pl> writes:

> On Saturday, 24 February 2007 09:57, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> > On Saturday, 24 February 2007 01:31, Johannes Berg wrote:
> > > Hi,

> > > Not before Monday or Tuesday unfortunately, I'm away from the machine.
> >
> > Okay, no big deal.  I think I'll be able to reproduce the problem here.
> >
> > > Maybe I can find someone else willing to test who has the same box.

> > > Yeah that should work. That patch won't apply to my tree though unless I
> > > actually go to -mm2 as well :)
> >
> > Ah, sorry.  I'll prepare a version against 2.6.21-rc1.  Apart from this, I
> > think there's a better solution, but I have to verify that.
>
> No, this one is better IMO.
>
> Appended is the version against 2.6.21-rc1.  It seems to work for me, but I'd
> like someone else to confirm it.

I had the same problem as Johannes and I can confirm that your patch works.

Though I'm not sure if it's caused by XFS because I don't have any XFS
partitions, but I have XFS support compiled in kernel.
My root partition is reiserfs.

Tested with suspend to ram on:
kernel 2.6.21-rc3-git7
Notebook ASUS A6JC, Intel Core Duo