[linux-pm] [RFC] ACPI vs device ordering on resume

Linus Torvalds wrote:

>>> Can somebody remind me about this immediately after 2.6.19?
>>>
>> Remind. But note that freezer is not yet SMP safe... Rafael is working
>> on that.
>>

> Thanks.
>
> On the other hand, I really wonder (and suspect) whether the problem isn't
> really the freezer or even the kernel resume ordering, but simply an ACPI
> internal resume ordering thing.
>
> Doesn't ACPI have per-device "WAK" calls anyway? Shouldn't we just call
> those _individually_ as we walk the device tree (perhaps in the
> "early_resume" stage) rather than calling them all in one chunk?
>
> 		Linus

_WAK method is system-wide. Individual objects do not have their own
resume methods.
One way of reordering internal ACPI resume is done in patch series to
7122, I mentioned that earlier.
It's possible to resume ACPI devices after execution of _WAK in pm->finish.

Alex.