[linux-pm] Request for suggestions

Hello,

As a Final Project to the Diploma in Computer Systems I'm researching ways to improve
power savings consumption on idle systems. We're aiming to improve the usage of
low power states on the processor (Px and Cx states on ACPI jargon) mainly on x86
computers, but when possible all improvements will be done architecture independent.

We have been thinking of direct improvements (p.e. better algorithms for CPU
frequency/state management) and indirect improvements, things like dynticks
or trying the reduce the USB poll rate.

Currently I'm writting a list of proposals, and as far as I want to do some
useful work I ask you if there is any new feature or improvement that would be welcomed.

Any suggestion will be added to the proposals list to be reviewed.

Thank you in advance!

--
edu