[linux-pm] community PM requirements/issues and PowerOP [Was: Re: So, what's the status on the recent patches here?]

Hi!

> | > from aside, it looks like you're choosing 'rules' and assign then
> | > 'priorities' in a too arbitrary way which is by a strange accident
> | > fits your point of view best of all.
> | > May I remind you that Linux world is not only laptops and Sharp Zaurus? ;)
> |
> | Actually, laptops and zauruses seem to be the only "interesting"
> | machines from pm perspective. Then there are Motorola cellphones, but
> | Motorola tried hard not to enable users changing kernel... so they are
> | irrelevant.
>
> It would be interesting to see a breakdown by numbers as to where most
> copies of Linux are. If embedded devices aren't the leader now, they
> will be soon.

"Relevant" devices are those where the end-users can change the
kernel. Because that's where the developers are and this area
desperately needs more developers.

Of course, *most* copies are eventually going to end up in linux-based
smartcards. But as those are not going to be hackable, so they are
irrelevant.

								Pavel