[linux-pm] community PM requirements/issues and PowerOP [Was: Re: So, what's the status on the recent patches here?]

| From pavel at ucw.cz Thu Sep 14 08:03:52 2006
| Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 15:03:11 +0200
| From: Pavel Machek<pavel at ucw.cz>
| Cc: Matthew Locke<matthew.a.locke at comcast.net>,
|

| > Pavel,

| > > You got the rules wrong. "Keep the code out of kernel" is important
| > > rule, but probably not the main one.
| >
| > from aside, it looks like you're choosing 'rules' and assign then
| > 'priorities' in a too arbitrary way which is by a strange accident
| > fits your point of view best of all.
| > May I remind you that Linux world is not only laptops and Sharp Zaurus? ;)
|
| Actually, laptops and zauruses seem to be the only "interesting"
| machines from pm perspective. Then there are Motorola cellphones, but
| Motorola tried hard not to enable users changing kernel... so they are
| irrelevant.
---

It would be interesting to see a breakdown by numbers as to where most
copies of Linux are. If embedded devices aren't the leader now, they
will be soon.

I do not speak for Motorola, so I won't respond to the dig...

scott
--
scott preece
motorola mobile devices, il67, 1800 s. oak st., champaign, il  61820