[linux-pm] PowerOP on lkml or linux-pm?

On Sep 14, 2006, at 2:45 AM, Pavel Machek wrote:

> On Thu 2006-09-14 02:32:03, Matthew Locke wrote:
>> Pavel, Greg,
>>
>> I started CC'ing lkml as you guys requested (well forced really).  Now
>> we have half the discussion occurring on linux-pm and the other half
>> on
>> both.  The guys on lkml are going to be lost and even more confused
>> than the people on this list.  If you guys want lkml to see the
>> discussion, make sure you add them to the CC when replying to linux-pm
>> only emails.
>
> Yep, try to cc lkml on new threads, and keep ccs intact when
> replying. That should be ok.

I don't understand why that would be ok.  lkml will miss key discussion
in threads that don't include lkml required to understand the threads
that include do lkml.  btw, isn't there some rule against cross posting
like this?

>> Perhaps we should keep the discussion on linux-pm until we are all
>> straight and then send the results to lkml.  I'm open to whatever you
>> want as along as we are consistent.
>
> No, we want lkml included in the discussion.

Then you need to include lkml in the discussion not just random parts
of the discussion.