[linux-pm] So, what's the status on the recent patches here?

On Sat, Aug 19, 2006 at 08:20:45PM -0700, David Singleton wrote:

 > If I had all the existing cpufreq tables transformed
 > into operating points I could make a patch that would remove
 > the bulk of cpufreq code from the kernel and you'd have
 > pretty much the same functionality without the maintenance
 > issues the added layers and complexity bring.

If this is going to fly at all, I think thats where we need to be headed.
Having two parts of the kernel doing the same thing just seems
very wrong to me.

The other alternative as suggested earlier this week would be archictures
getting to 'opt out' of powerop for their cpufreq drivers where it doesn't
necessarily bring anything but the layer of indirection.

I'm about to disappear for two weeks for a much needed vacation, but
I'll be interested to see other folks comments/opinions on this
when I get back.

		Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk