[linux-pm] PowerOp Design and working patch

Scott E. Preece wrote (in a previous post):
> Putting configuration information
> in places that can be changed independently of compilation is very
> important to us.

> Note that I concur with Pavel and Tim that it would be better
> to get the functionality working first, and worry about this after
> we're sure the basic mechanisms work. However, it would make sense for
> people reviewing the code to have in their minds the idea that it needs
> to be dynamic in the future.

That's fair.  Knowing the requirements, and the background
rationale for the requirements is always helpful, so thanks
for the previous post.  Often, you have to break things into
chunks to get them mainlined. Only mainlining a part of what
you want is still pretty good. I think we're in basic agreement.

Tim Bird
Senior Staff Engineer, Sony Electronics