[linux-pm] PowerOp Design and working patch

Hi,
On Mon, 2006-08-07 at 01:11 +0300, ext Pavel Machek wrote:
<snip>
> > Often, in the embedded world, the person defining the operating
> > states will not be a kernel developer, and may not be comfortable
> > with, or capable of, creating a kernel module.  (There are
>
> That's okay, we can create HOWTO or something. 'System designed is too
> stupid to hack kernel' should not be an argument.

In a production environment the competence and experience is usually
distributed across several teams and it's not realistic to just label
"stupid" somebody who has a deep understanding of the HW platform but
not so good understanding of kernel internals.

Once there is a clean separation between mechanism and policies, there
is no need to have a kernel developer take care of issues that are
purely HW-related.

--
Cheers,
           Igor