CPU local things [was Re: [linux-pm] Nested suspends; messages vs. states]

Hi!

> > Just for clarity's sake, what are you thinking should happen to MTRR
> > support?
>
> Become more componentized. We need a better way to represent optional
> features of any device, but in particular CPUs. We should never be calling
> it directly; we should be looping over the feature drivers bound to a 'CPU
> Driver' and suspending them.

Actually, no.

mtrr's are cpu local. That means they need to be handled by CPU
hotplug framework. I guess we should just drop them from "normal"
device trees, and create something per-CPU.

Perhaps plain old notification list is enough for this one.
								Pavel