[linux-pm] Introducing HAL userspace power management

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005, ee21rh wrote:

> Hi. I've been working alongside other HAL developers working on
> PowerManagement userspace policy for computers and laptops using
> HAL and DBUS. Nigel Cunningham recently told me of this lists existence,
> and I told him I would share with you guys what we have been doing.

> If you have any comments/ideas or would like to help then please email me
> a reply, or post on the Wiki.
>
> I hope that some of you linux-pm people and the HAL people can work
> together to provide a "Just Works" solution to power management on
> computers and laptops.

Of greatest importance to us would be to know what facilities your project
needs the kernel to provide, particularly for peripheral power management.
As yet there isn't an agreed-upon design, and it would help to know what
users will want.

Alan Stern