swsusp & modules [was Re: [linux-pm] [Fwd: Re: PM messages]]

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> Grrrr....
>
> I have the feeling that 2 years of explanation of why we can't break
> into separate steps just vanished !
>
> Damn, Pat, why do you come back with this idea over and over again every
> time you pop up from the void !?!?

Hey, calm down.

For one, I'm dense and I forget obvious things.

For another, I've always been on the fence about this. So, when I hear
your arguments about this, I forget the conversations that I've had with
other kernel people at random times (Linus, Greg, etc) that seem to
indicate a need to do it otherwise.

For yet another, read the @#$@ email again. I said I was only trying to
delineate the concepts, not the methods. I am only trying to state obvious
things that must happen. If it's clear that it must happen in one shot
with each device, and it's looking that way, then so be it.

Please have some coffee and work with me here.

	Pat