swsusp & modules [was Re: [linux-pm] [Fwd: Re: PM messages]]

Hi!

> > > Yes, that's what everyone wants to do.
> >
> > Not all devices need to do that - only the console device and the target
> > device we're writing to (and all of their ancestors)
>
> And USB devices should certainly avoid extra resumes ...
> and there's no point in restarting the highspeed PLLs
> unless they're actually going to be needed.  There
> might not even be time or power enough to reactivate
> everything.

I believe right solution is not to stop highspeed PLLs during freeze
phase. Just stop DMA and be done with that. That makes unfreeze fast
and all hardware work is postponed to powerdown phase.

> enough to write the suspend image.  (Console special
> handling would be wanted for STR too, I suspect.)

I do not understand this one. How is console special for
suspend-to-RAM?

								Pavel