Re: Dump of registers during endpoint link down

Reply-all and don't top-post.  See
https://people.kernel.org/tglx/notes-about-netiquette

On Mon, Jul 13, 2020 at 03:31:02PM +0530, Manish Raturi wrote:
> Thanks, Bjorn, I am doing that (lspci -vvvxxxx) to dump all the
> register, but in case of Link down, are there any specific registers
> which we should look in, mostly I look below register:
>
> 1) Link status /control/capability
> 2) Slot status /control/capability
> 3) Lane error status registers.
>
> Any other register we can specifically look for.

I have no idea what the problem is, so can't really help you, sorry.
All you've said is that the link to an endpoint is down.  I don't know
whether the the slot is even powered up.  You could try a different
card to see whether that works.  You could try the same card in a
different machine to see if that works.  If you think the link
*should* be up, you could always debug it from a hardware point of
view with a PCIe analyzer.