Re: Question regarding PCI/AER: Enable reporting for ports enumerated after AER driver registration

Hi Thomas,

On Wed, 2020-05-20 at 15:47 -0400, Thomas Tai wrote:
> Hi Bjorn,
> I have a question regarding "PCI/AER: Enable reporting for ports
> enumerated after AER driver registration" hope that you don't mind
> giving us some hints.
>
> We found the patch mentioned in the following link fixes one of our
> issues where a device's AER was not enable correctly.
>
> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/linux-pci/patch/1536085989-2956-1-git-send-email-jonathan.derrick@xxxxxxxxx/
>
> I am wondering that if you are going to upstream the patch?
>
> Thank you,
> Thomas

I suspect you could be seeing issues due to the firmware-first
dependencies. Your platform could be requiring FFS via HEST which is
affecting Native AER in non-ACPI domains.

There were some recent commits to converge FFS to _OSC only:
https://marc.info/?l=linux-pci&m=158834532728113&w=2

Could you try Bjorn's latest branch ?

There is also a DPC set for Native DPC which I will be resending soon:
https://marc.info/?l=linux-pci&m=158835454431698&w=2