Re: NVMe peer2peer TLPs over NTB getting split

On 2019-04-24 4:46 p.m., Eric Pilmore wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Does anybody know why a Host Bridge might break up a full-sized (max
> payload) TLP into single byte TLPs when those TLPs are traveling from
> peer-to-peer?

Host bridges can't be relied on to do the right thing with respect to
P2P. This is why the p2pdma code explicitly rejects them. Bad
performance is often the symptom and splitting may be the cause (I've
never bothered to stick an analyzer on it. There are patches floating
around to add a whitelist to p2pdma which would be what you'd want to do
and avoid anything that doesn't go through a switch.

Logan