Re: PCI: hotplug: Erroneous removal of hotplug PCI devices

On 1/24/2019 2:21 PM, Keith Busch wrote:

<snip>

> My copy of the 5.0-0.9 spec missed out on this ECN. The new changes look
> like it more clearly defines expected software and hardware behavior,
> so I'm looking forward to seeing the hardware implementations. Thanks
> for driving that.

You're welcome!  And yes, this ECN is not yet in 5.0 draft but should be
there soon.  Much of what is in the ECN can be implemented with existing
DPC hardware.  There are associated ECNs in ACPI and PCI Firmware
Specifications as well.  The ACPI spec changes will not be public until
the 6.3 spec is released (soon).  The PCI Firmware Specification changes
should be ratified in a few weeks as well.  In the meantime, UEFI org
(which ACPI is a part of) has a git repo accessible to UEFI forum
members where the Linux code to support these new async hot-plug
mechanisms is being developed.  Will be made public once the specs are
public.

Thanks,
Austin