Re: [RFC] PCI: add support for Immediate Readiness

On 9/5/2018 9:49 AM, Bjorn Helgaas wrote:
pci_dev_wait() is connected with CRS.  There's some reason that
function doesn't actually looks for CRS responses, which I can't
remember right now.  But you can look it up in the changelogs.

We wanted to be able to support virtual functions (that can't read
vendor id) as well as systems without CRS visibility support. That
was the reason why we are polling a well known register such as
command status against ~0 rather than the vendor id register.

So I don't think we should put the Immediate Readiness check in
pci_dev_wait().

I agree, it should be outside of pci_dev_wait()