Re: Thunderbolt PCIe card doesn't get enumerated at cold boot

> On 30 Jan 2018, at 6:37 PM, Mika Westerberg <mika.westerberg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Yes it is. It’s a PCIe add-in-card. It is Alpine Ridge.
>>
>> Wondering if TBT requires special support from PCH or ACPI?
>> I am asking this because the very same card can’t get detected on a Ryzen
>> platform.
>
> Yes, it needs to have BIOS support and in addition you need to have
> those side band signals connected properly. BIOS support is needed for
> ACPI hotplug.

Sounds like there are two different kind of supports:
- Basic TBT support.
- ACPI hotplug support in addition to basic support.

What do I need to check if the motherboard fully support them?
I guess there are special ACPI methods for them?

> Unless it is in native PCIe hotplug mode but even then you need to have
> BIOS support.

How do I check this for the TBT add-in-card?

Kai-Heng