4.14.0-rc3 is auto-reloading PCIe SR-IOV Virtual Function device drivers when VFs are attached to VMs ...

Hi there,

  I hope this is the right Linux list for this issue.  One of our QA staff
has noticed a new behavior starting about 4.14.0-rc3.  We instantiate PCIe
SR-IOV Virtual Functions and the corresponding driver (cxgb4vf in this case)
is automatically loaded.  That's fine and has been the case for some time.
But, we remove the driver module (rmmod cxgb4vf) and then attach one of the
VFs to a KVM Virtual Machine and the cxgb4vf driver module gets reloaded in
the KVM Hypervisor.  This is new behavior.  I see that there was a pretty
big change done by Luis R. Rodriguez in kernel.org commit revision 2355869
but we haven't yet isolated the new behavior to that commit.  That'll be our
next test but I wanted to get this out there for comment.

Casey