Re: PCI endpoint API question

Hi Christoph,

On Sunday 18 June 2017 07:35 PM, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> Hi Kishon,
>
> I've been looking at porting some code to the current incarnation
> of your PCI endpoint API.  Once thing that I'm missing is a notification
> for writes to BARs - is this and intentional omission?  It seems
> like the only current option is to poll for changes.

You mean write to the address that's mapped to BAR in the EP side?

PCI doesn't allow hosts to interrupt the EP (AFAIK), so we have to poll for any
writes by the host to EP memory.

However recently I found "Mailbox" module in dra7xx can be used in conjunction
with PCI for PCI host to interrupt EP. I'm yet to add support for using such
SoC specific mechanisms for EP interrupts.

Thanks
Kishon