Re: IO Space Allocation Question on ARM64

Hi Alex,

On 5/22/2017 4:14 PM, Alex Williamson wrote:
>> UEFI seems to be assigning an IO resource to bridge only if finds an endpoint
>> behind it with an actual IO BAR space.
> If it's anything like we saw with similar issues on QEMU, it might be
> because the slots report themselves as hotplug capable and Linux tries
> to allocate minimum apertures for any hotplug slot.  See hpiosize
> and hpmemsize options for pci=.  Thanks,

That was it. I was suspicious of this but didn't realize that we were allocating
0x1000 as a minimum due to hotplug.

Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't know the hpmemsize and hpiosize arguments.

Sinan

--
Sinan Kaya
Qualcomm Datacenter Technologies, Inc. as an affiliate of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.