Re: PATCH: platforms: avoid queuing work if possible

Hello, Peter.

On Tue, Feb 04, 2014 at 08:13:58PM -0800, Peter Chang wrote:
> the problem is that our current user-space environment expects block
> devices to be in /sys/block after the module load completes. if the
> cross cpu worker task is marked w/ ASYNC_USED (rather than the module
> 'racing' w/ user space.
>
> i fixed up the patch to just do the ASYNC_USED copying in the worker
> function (since there was some bogus-ness in the original w/
> get_cpu()). does this patch make more sense?

Heh, this is almost inherently nasty.  The whole thing is a nasty hack
after all. :( Would it be possible to make work_on_cpu() do the
copying instead?  That might be a bit cleaner and I think it could be
better to keep the work around in async / workqueue side rather than
specific drivers.

Thanks.

--
tejun