Re: [Discussion]: ARM: PCIE: Setup bridges not happening with portbus driver enabled

On Thu, Dec 05, 2013 at 12:27:40AM -0800, Yinghai Lu wrote:

> >> Does your RC driver calls pci_assign_unassigned_resources after
> >> pci_common_init?
> >>
> > No it does not. Btw, I tried calling it but it also did not help and same problem.
>
> Please make sure you pci_assign_unassigned_resources get called via
> fs_initcall().

Why does this have to be called as fs_initcall() time? Does it have to
be exactly then or can it be at any later time?

The Tegra PCIe driver is actually a regular driver, and run at the time
of device_initcall(). In fact it may even be probed much later because
it can depend on regulators and such that only become available later
and therefore cause the PCIe driver to defer it's probe.

Thierry