Re: [Ilw] Intel Wireless 7260 hardware timed out randomly

2013/11/13 Grumbach, Emmanuel <emmanuel.grumbach@xxxxxxxxx>:
> According to System / HW, it is unsafe to disable L1 PM Substate using setpci, even if we disable it from both sides (device and bridge). This kind of settings should be done by BIOS only.
> So we have 2 options here (assuming that we can't disable that in BIOS):
> * either we try to disable L1 PM Substate even my colleagues think it is not safe
> * either we just disable L1 altogether

Unsafe means battery blows up like a Samsung? :-)

My laptop is now connected to classroom's WiFi (with setpci
workaround) and running on battery, it seems the power consumption is
acceptable ... at least not too much more than before.

--
wzyboy