RE: AER driver on ARM platform

Andrewl,

Thanks. I got some questions on AER irq handling below.

>> > Yes. That was it. It probes the driver now. Did you try error inject feature?
>>
>> I did have a look at that, but it really depends on what exactly you want to test. There are
>> many things this won't help you with, you ought to examine the aer inject driver to see
>> what it does. For example if you are bringing up a new device and want to see it raise an
>> AER interrupt then aer inject won't help. In this case you'll need to find a way to trigger real
>> errors.

What is the IRQ line tied to the AER driver? Since this is handling the root port error irq as well as the upstream/downstream device irqs. Does this driver assumes that error interrupt is raised on Legacy IRQ0 or MSI IRQ 0 for all of the ports (root, downstream and upstream)? When I have dumped the irq number in the AER driver it shows Legacy irq0 (when nomsi boot parameter is used) or MSI irq0. Our PCIe IP acts as a RC and has a separate IRQ line (12) for root port irq as below

12 Error Interrupts
           [0] System error (OR of fatal, nonfatal, correctable errors) (RC mode only)
           [1] PCIe fatal error (RC mode only)
           [2] PCIe non-fatal error (RC mode only)
           [3] PCIe correctable error (RC mode only)
           [4] AXI Error due to fatal condition in AXI bridge (EP/RC modes)
           [5] PCIe advanced error (RC mode only)

Does that mean, I need to modify the AER driver to support separate IRQ line for root port (port_type = PCI_EXP_TYPE_ROOT_PORT) for the hw I am working on. Any help?

Murali Karicheri
Linux Kernel, Software Development