Re: AER driver on ARM platform

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 12:18 PM, Karicheri, Muralidharan
<m-karicheri2@xxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]

You should not have to boot with "pcie_ports=native" unless you are
debugging or working around a firmware issue.

It looks like get_port_device_capability() expects the arch to
implement a pcie_port_platform_notify() that sets a bitmask of PCIe
services that Linux should take control of.  But that's only
implemented for ACPI systems (x86 and ia64), so probably every other
arch is stuck with the "pcie_ports=native" hack.

This is a bug, and somebody should fix it.  Consider yourself
empowered to implement whatever you need on ARM to negotiate for
control of these PCIe services.

Bjorn