Re: [Question] Failed to access the BAR MMIO space of PCI device

Alex Williamson <alex.williamson <at> redhat.com> writes:

> On Thu, 2013-04-11 at 17:15 +0000, zhengfei wrote:
> > Alex Williamson <alex.williamson <at> redhat.com> writes:

> > is

> > to/from
BAR
> > MMIO

> > stored in
> > >

> > It is a userspace driver on guest os.To be simply,I got the BAR0
> > address(gpa) on guest os,but I failed to access real BAR0 MMIO address
space
> > of the device with the gpa.So what can I do next? and in which source
code
> > file,could I find the procedure of mapping the real BAR address
space(hpa)
> > to gpa?
>
> The guest doesn't have access to the hpa, nor should it need it.  To map
> BAR0 from guest userspace
> mmap /sys/bus/pci/devices/xxxx:xx:xx.x/resource0.  Thanks,
>
> Alex

Yes,I have followed your advice above,but the problem still exists.I doubt
the address may not be correct gotten by "mmap
/sys/bus/pci/devices/xxxx:xx:xx.x/resource0",what can I do next to debug? so
I want to learn ,how do the guest userspace mapping to host BAR0 address
space.

zhengfei,
Thanks