Re: [Question] Custom MMIO handler - is it possible?

On Thu, Feb 01, 2024 at 03:38:42PM +0000, Mateusz Nowicki wrote:
> Thanks for a quick reply Bjorn!
>
> Actually performance is not the biggest concern.
> Mmiotrace has documented SMP race condition:
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/Documentation/trace/mmiotrace.rst#n135
>
> Also playing correctly with page fault is quite a challenge. I'm trying to
> find a simpler/easier solution :)

I don't know how to make better handler for this.  Anything we do
would probably involve VM protection to catch accesses, even if that's
just in the kernel and not visible to userspace, and would probably
have the same SMP issue mentioned above.

Bjorn