Re: How acpi_walk_resources() find specific _CRS for one device

On 03/28/2012 05:30 PM, Richard Yang wrote:
> Experts
>
> I am reading the PCI enumeration code on x86. One thing on ACPI
> namespace puzzles me.
>
> In the initialize process, the call flow is like this
> acpi_pci_root_add()
> 	try_get_root_bridge_busnr()
> 		acpi_walk_resources(handle, METHOD_NAME__CRS,
> 		         get_root_bridge_busnr_callback, res)
This piece of code is to invoke ACPI method "_CRS" for "handle", and call
get_root_bridge_busnr_callback for each resource descriptor returned by
this method.
Here "handle" is the object for the pci root bus or PCI host bridge.
"_CRS" is the name of ACPI method, which exists under "handle".